Now in it’s sixth year, the Scotch Egg Challenge has a serious following not only of Bar Snack enthusiasts, but some of the UK’s top chefs have put reputations on the line in the past. The 2017 event will take place at The Canonbury in Islington on 8 February and Favourite Tables will be popping along with our crack team of reporters and our world famous Scotch Egg sampling equipment, Lady FT….
Chefs taking part will include defending champion and last years winner, Calum Franklin of the Holborn Dining Rooms as well as Robin Gill from The Dairy and chef’s from the Drapers Arms.
Neil Rankin from Temper (who is on the judging panel for the Great Sausage Roll #RollOff) and Tom Anglesea from The Laughing Heart have also been confirmed. You can expect entries from a number of other restaurants and pubs across London and the UK.
Judges for the event will include Fay Maschler from the Evening Standard, Ben Chapman of Smoking Goat and Kiln and Bob Granleese of the Guardian. Master of Ceremonies and compered will be Joe Warwick.
The closing date for applications had been extended to 7 January 2017 but we understand is now closed. You can get further information about this event by getting in touch with Kerrianne at email@example.com for more details.
The Scotch Egg Challenge 2017 will take place on 8 February 2016 at The Canonbury, 21 Canonbury Pl, London N1 2NS
Head Chef at the Cambridge Chop House Chef Andrew Skipper, known as ‘Skip’ to friends will be opening Skip’s Pop Up Pie Shop in the upper shop part of the Kings’ Parade site whilst the main restaurant (downstairs) is being refurbished.
Running from the 9th till the 13th of January and serving traditional East London style Pie, Mash and Liquor (or gravy for those who are not aficionados of the parsley and eel stock “liquor” sauce)
Skip who grew up in Ely but lived in East London for three or four years, used to once or twice a month on days off visit pie ‘n’ mash shops, his favourite was Manze’s.
Established in 1902 Manze’s is now world famous and a favourite with the likes of David Beckham and also boasts some famous visitors/helpers including Chef Heston Blumenthal
Executive Head Chef, Sanyi Kiliti, said: “When Andrew spoke to me about his ideas for the pie shop, I immediately thought it was brilliant and perfect for Cambridge during the colder January period”. He added “everyone loves comfort food, and you never know, if it goes well we might even consider opening a permanent pie shop!”
The Steak and Ale pies will be made using a local real ale from the Milton brewery at Waterbeach just 6 miles from the restaurant.
Chicken and Mushroom pie as well as Sausage and Mash will be on offer along with some fine wines by the glass and a selection of local real ales such as Justinian from the Milton Brewery.
No bookings, just turn up!
Skip’s Pop Up Pie Shop will be at The Cambridge Chop House, 1 King’s Parade, CB2 1SJ from January 9 to 13, 10 am to 10 pm.
Find Somewhere To Eat
- October 2018 (3)
- September 2018 (3)
- July 2018 (1)
- June 2018 (1)
- May 2018 (2)
- March 2018 (1)
- February 2018 (1)
- January 2018 (1)
- December 2017 (1)
- November 2017 (2)
- August 2017 (2)
- June 2017 (2)
- May 2017 (2)
- March 2017 (1)
- February 2017 (2)
- January 2017 (3)
- December 2016 (1)
- November 2016 (3)
- August 2016 (3)
- June 2016 (1)
- February 2016 (1)
- January 2016 (3)
- December 2015 (1)
- October 2015 (2)
- August 2015 (1)
- At the Chef’s Table – Jeremy Villanueva, Head Chef, Romulo Café London on
- We Chat to MasterChef Finalist Scott Barnard on
- Chef’s Table visits the Italian Embassy on
- BBC MasterChef Winner Jamie Scott – revisited on
- BBC MasterChef Winner Jamie Scott – revisited on
- #Win Tickets for You and a Friend to cook some great Thai Food on
- War of the Roses, a foodie battle of epic “portions”
- Punjab Curry Supper returns to The Fox at Lyng
- Favourite Tables Top Ten Restaurants
- Forget the Indian Summer, how about Christmas in a Tipi
- Look what we discovered in Soho…..
- Is this the “Perfect” answer to eating out on a Sunday with young children?
- Chef Stuart Muir of Dine Edinburgh talks to Chef’s Table
- The Five Fields
- We meet with Alex Boyd Executive Head Chef at Caxton Grill for Chef’s Table
- Tyddyn Llan our favourite Michelin restaurant
- At the Chef’s Table – Jeremy Villanueva, Head Chef, Romulo Café London
- Chef’s Table – Anthony Wright – Head Chef L20 Restaurant
Find A Cuisine
About Favourite Tables
Our ethos is about places people love – always has been, always will be.
We know that most people choose where to eat based on recommendations from friends and family, a social interaction – a Social Marketplace
Favourite Tables is just that – our recommendations and reviews are from people who love where they go and go back to.
The popularity of each Favourite Tables restaurant is assured on the Social Marketplace and through the restaurant reviews they receive.
Best Restaurants In…
- Unique Destinations
- Restaurants in Wales
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Birmingham
- Restaurants in Brighton
- Restaurants in Cambridge
- Restaurants in Chester
- Restaurants in Edinburgh
- Restaurants in Glasgow
- Restaurants in Hull & Beverley
- Restaurants in Leeds – Bradford
- Restaurants in Liverpool
- Restaurants in London
- Restaurants in Manchester
- Restaurants in Melbourne
- Restaurants in Newcastle
- Restaurants in New York
- Restaurants in Nottingham
- Restaurants in Norwich
- Restaurants in Oxford
- Restaurants in Perth – Australia
- Restaurants in Peterborough
- Restaurants in Sheffield
- Restaurants in Singapore
- Restaurants in Sydney
- Restaurants Nr Windsor, Slough, Maidenhead
- Restaurants in York
- Reviews of Restaurants in Wales
- Reviews of Restaurants in Unique Destinations
- Reviews of Restaurants in Birmingham
- Reviews of Restaurants in Bolton
- Reviews of Restaurants in Cambridge
- Reviews of Restaurants in Dubai
- Reviews of Restaurants in Dublin
- Reviews of Restaurants in Edinburgh
- Reviews of Restaurants in Liverpool
- Reviews of Restaurants in London
- Reviews of Restaurants in Newcastle
- Reviews of Restaurants in Northampton
- Reviews of Restaurants in Prague
- Reviews of Restaurants in Sheffield
- Reviews of Restaurants in Sydney
- Reviews of Restaurants in Perth – Australia