Does it really matter that you have booked three restaurants for the same time and date. You will then see how you feel on the night as to which one you will actually dine at. The other two… if you feel like it you may call and say “sorry it’s late notice, but we’re not coming” or just not show up.
You don’t really need to show any respect for the restaurants that you “No Show” Your table of 4. Not turning up has no real effect on the staff that have been prepping food, the front of house staff that will be working that night to insure YOU have a great time when you arrive and as for the owners/chefs that take a hit on the turnover, what does that matter to you.
You don’t need to be polite to the “Staff” whilst you have a meal and a few glasses of really nice wine. Their there to be at your beck and call, after all you pay their wages. So you don’t need to show any common decency. So when they don’t jump the second you click your fingers your free to shout at them or belittle them.
And as for any really nice cutlery, plates, bespoke ornaments, napkins, candles or anything else that’s not nailed down, it’s perfectly fine to put these in your pocket or handbag and take.
But wait a minute….. that does not sound like YOU, you would never do any of those things. So why is all of the above on the increase.
as reported by BigHospitality.
Kenny Atkinson Chef/Owner of House of Tide had item stolen and his staff abused by the diners seen on CCTV:
In the Caterer its reported:
Valentine’s Day no-shows ‘crippling’ independent restaurants
With Damian Wawrzyniak, owner of House of Feasts, Peterborough, launching his own campaign to combat no-shows after revealing they cost his business about £3,000 in just one weekend. His #StopNoShow campaign has gained a lot of support from chefs and restaurants. Many now considering installing expensive booking platforms to take Credit Card details, Deposits or advanced Tickets. Online reservations provider OpenTable’s has strengthened it’s policy so that, if a diner doesn’t show up for a reservation four times in 12 months, they will be prohibited from making future reservations.
But all this does not really matter, why because it’s not YOU, is it.
To paraphrase Michael Jackson maybe YOU should “talk to the man in the mirror”
[shareaholic app="share_buttons" id="7569756"]
Find Somewhere To Eat
- December 2018 (1)
- October 2018 (2)
- September 2018 (3)
- July 2018 (1)
- June 2018 (1)
- May 2018 (2)
- March 2018 (1)
- February 2018 (1)
- January 2018 (1)
- December 2017 (1)
- November 2017 (2)
- August 2017 (2)
- June 2017 (2)
- May 2017 (2)
- March 2017 (1)
- February 2017 (2)
- January 2017 (3)
- December 2016 (1)
- November 2016 (3)
- August 2016 (3)
- June 2016 (1)
- February 2016 (1)
- January 2016 (3)
- December 2015 (1)
- October 2015 (2)
- August 2015 (1)
- At the Chef’s Table – Jeremy Villanueva, Head Chef, Romulo Café London on
- We Chat to MasterChef Finalist Scott Barnard on
- Chef’s Table visits the Italian Embassy on
- BBC MasterChef Winner Jamie Scott – revisited on
- BBC MasterChef Winner Jamie Scott – revisited on
- #Win Tickets for You and a Friend to cook some great Thai Food on
- Favourite Tables Top Ten Restaurants
- War of the Roses, a foodie battle of epic “portions”
- Punjab Curry Supper returns to The Fox at Lyng
- Forget the Indian Summer, how about Christmas in a Tipi
- Look what we discovered in Soho…..
- Is this the “Perfect” answer to eating out on a Sunday with young children?
Find A Cuisine
About Favourite Tables
Our ethos is about places people love – always has been, always will be.
We know that most people choose where to eat based on recommendations from friends and family, a social interaction – a Social Marketplace
Favourite Tables is just that – our recommendations and reviews are from people who love where they go and go back to.
The popularity of each Favourite Tables restaurant is assured on the Social Marketplace and through the restaurant reviews they receive.
Best Restaurants In…
- Unique Destinations
- Restaurants in Wales
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Birmingham
- Restaurants in Brighton
- Restaurants in Cambridge
- Restaurants in Chester
- Restaurants in Edinburgh
- Restaurants in Glasgow
- Restaurants in Hull & Beverley
- Restaurants in Leeds – Bradford
- Restaurants in Liverpool
- Restaurants in London
- Restaurants in Manchester
- Restaurants in Melbourne
- Restaurants in Newcastle
- Restaurants in New York
- Restaurants in Nottingham
- Restaurants in Norwich
- Restaurants in Oxford
- Restaurants in Perth – Australia
- Restaurants in Peterborough
- Restaurants in Sheffield
- Restaurants in Singapore
- Restaurants in Sydney
- Restaurants Nr Windsor, Slough, Maidenhead
- Restaurants in York
- Reviews of Restaurants in Wales
- Reviews of Restaurants in Unique Destinations
- Reviews of Restaurants in Birmingham
- Reviews of Restaurants in Bolton
- Reviews of Restaurants in Cambridge
- Reviews of Restaurants in Dubai
- Reviews of Restaurants in Dublin
- Reviews of Restaurants in Edinburgh
- Reviews of Restaurants in Liverpool
- Reviews of Restaurants in London
- Reviews of Restaurants in Newcastle
- Reviews of Restaurants in Northampton
- Reviews of Restaurants in Prague
- Reviews of Restaurants in Sheffield
- Reviews of Restaurants in Sydney
- Reviews of Restaurants in Perth – Australia