Loved it, great setting and service. The restaurant is bright and modern, the steaks and other dishes are reasonably priced as are the drinks. I look forward to going back… a real destination venue, worthy of the trip from Peterborough each time we’ve visited we’ve had a great experience.
Well what can I say other than this was a magical evening and emphasised the reason why Midsummer House is my favourite Michelin Star restaurant. Such a fantastic warm and friendly welcome on our arrival that made us feel right at home straight away.
We were first served a lovely homemade Gin & Tonic which was lovely. We decided to have the 8 Course Tasting Menu to which we were asked if we’d like to see the Menu or be surprised we decided to be surprised. So firstly the Amuse Bouches were a delight before moving to the first course a Pumpkin Veloute then Braised Pork Knuckle & Raclette Cheese simply stunning followed by a fantastic Scallop dish
Then came the signature course of Roast Quail with Shallot Purée & Sour Dough simply Devine then came a delightful Monkfish course then I have to say my favourite course which was Venison accompanied by amazing Venison sausage rolls
Before Dessert we chose to have a Cheese course and they had the most wonderful Cheese trolley
Now on to my favourite part of any meal Desserts and both were fantastic firstly the Aerated Pear with Blueberry then the Passion Fruit,Yoghurt Sorbet & Dark chocolate then when you think you can’t eat anymore outcome the treats some amazing Doughnuts and Chocolates.
I would like to thank the Sommelier for a fantastic selection of matching wines that just went perfectly with every course also to every member of staff who’s service was exceptional. I hope that Midsummer House soon gets a third Michelin Star because based on this visit they certainly deserve them.[shareaholic app="share_buttons" id="7569756"]
We visited this bistro style restaurant for my son’s 17th birthday and were pleasantly surprised by this little ‘gem’ . This cosy restaurant is located very near to the River Nene, it’s simple yet classy interior decor is cleverly lit to give an intimate feel without making the menu’s unreadable.
The menu although not vast offers a good selection of varied and interesting food plus the daily specials board with some rarer and unusual choices.
Portions are not huge but sufficient and satisfying ( they also have a children’s menu) the main courses were well presented and some of the most flavoursome tasted in this area for a long while and the desserts were simply scrumptious !
I chose the Greek pulled lamb ,feta and cucumber bun which came with a choice of skinny fried or chips – the chunky type which is what I opted for and it had a side of shredded vegetables, it was delicious! Two other members also opted for other types from the many choices of filled buns and were equally impressed , the cost for my main course was a very reasonable £8.50 and worth every penny !
The restaurant is obviously very popular, we had booked our table in advance but whilst there we saw many turned away it was completely fully booked for the evening -so I highly recommend you book in advance.
A good experience , lovely food , relaxing ambience, we shall return ![shareaholic app="share_buttons" id="7569756"]
Find Somewhere To Eat
- December 2018 (1)
- October 2018 (2)
- September 2018 (3)
- July 2018 (1)
- June 2018 (1)
- May 2018 (2)
- March 2018 (1)
- February 2018 (1)
- January 2018 (1)
- December 2017 (1)
- November 2017 (2)
- August 2017 (2)
- June 2017 (2)
- May 2017 (2)
- March 2017 (1)
- February 2017 (2)
- January 2017 (3)
- December 2016 (1)
- November 2016 (3)
- August 2016 (3)
- June 2016 (1)
- February 2016 (1)
- January 2016 (3)
- December 2015 (1)
- October 2015 (2)
- August 2015 (1)
- At the Chef’s Table – Jeremy Villanueva, Head Chef, Romulo Café London on
- We Chat to MasterChef Finalist Scott Barnard on
- Chef’s Table visits the Italian Embassy on
- BBC MasterChef Winner Jamie Scott – revisited on
- BBC MasterChef Winner Jamie Scott – revisited on
- #Win Tickets for You and a Friend to cook some great Thai Food on
- Favourite Tables Top Ten Restaurants
- War of the Roses, a foodie battle of epic “portions”
- Punjab Curry Supper returns to The Fox at Lyng
- Forget the Indian Summer, how about Christmas in a Tipi
- Look what we discovered in Soho…..
- Is this the “Perfect” answer to eating out on a Sunday with young children?
Find A Cuisine
About Favourite Tables
Our ethos is about places people love – always has been, always will be.
We know that most people choose where to eat based on recommendations from friends and family, a social interaction – a Social Marketplace
Favourite Tables is just that – our recommendations and reviews are from people who love where they go and go back to.
The popularity of each Favourite Tables restaurant is assured on the Social Marketplace and through the restaurant reviews they receive.
Best Restaurants In…
- Unique Destinations
- Restaurants in Wales
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Birmingham
- Restaurants in Brighton
- Restaurants in Cambridge
- Restaurants in Chester
- Restaurants in Edinburgh
- Restaurants in Glasgow
- Restaurants in Hull & Beverley
- Restaurants in Leeds – Bradford
- Restaurants in Liverpool
- Restaurants in London
- Restaurants in Manchester
- Restaurants in Melbourne
- Restaurants in Newcastle
- Restaurants in New York
- Restaurants in Nottingham
- Restaurants in Norwich
- Restaurants in Oxford
- Restaurants in Perth – Australia
- Restaurants in Peterborough
- Restaurants in Sheffield
- Restaurants in Singapore
- Restaurants in Sydney
- Restaurants Nr Windsor, Slough, Maidenhead
- Restaurants in York
- Reviews of Restaurants in Wales
- Reviews of Restaurants in Unique Destinations
- Reviews of Restaurants in Birmingham
- Reviews of Restaurants in Bolton
- Reviews of Restaurants in Cambridge
- Reviews of Restaurants in Dubai
- Reviews of Restaurants in Dublin
- Reviews of Restaurants in Edinburgh
- Reviews of Restaurants in Liverpool
- Reviews of Restaurants in London
- Reviews of Restaurants in Newcastle
- Reviews of Restaurants in Northampton
- Reviews of Restaurants in Prague
- Reviews of Restaurants in Sheffield
- Reviews of Restaurants in Sydney
- Reviews of Restaurants in Perth – Australia