Core by Clare Smyth
When I heard the news that Clare Smyth was going to open her own restaurant my excitement on waiting for this to happen was very high having tasted her food at Restaurant Gordon Ramsey and also that she had Rob Rose as her Restaurant Director you just knew this was going to be a fantastic dining experience. So when the day came that you could book I couldn’t wait and yesterday we went and believe me it was just the amazing experience that I thought it would be.
Set in a lovely location on Kensington Park Road a short walk from Notting Hill Station. As you enter the warm and friendly greeting that you receive is delightful and makes you feel very relaxed straight away. We decided to enjoy two excellent cocktails before lunch in the bar where the staff were very engaging. We had the Milk Punch and a specially made cocktail consisting of White & Dark Rum and Mandarin. Then came a wonderful surprise as we were being shown to a table, that we thought would be in the restaurant itself instead we were seated at the Chefs Table from where you see into the open kitchen and see everything happening before your very eyes and yes it was amazing to see.
So now we are greeted by Restaurant Manager Davide and the friendliness & professionalism continued as we were given a nice complimentary glass of Sparkling Wine while we looked at the menu. We decided to have the Tasting Menu this which started with a fantastic selection of snacks that included Gougeres, Duck Wings and Jellied Eel. This led to our first course and what a way to start with a stunning Isle of Mull Scallop full of amazing flavours of the sea this was followed by the Charlotte Potato with herring & trout roe to be followed by a delightful Skate with shrimps & brown butter. With the experience already living up to the expectations, we then moved on to the fantastic Lamb Braised Carrot with sheep’s milk yoghurt plus delightful dumplings before the highlight of the menu a stunning Roast Grouse with red cabbage & bell heather just heavenly.
All of the courses were matched superbly by a fantastic selection of wines chosen by the excellent Sommelier.
Now onto the desserts with a nice & light Cherry Bakewell dish before a sublime Pear and Verbena with Poire Williams sorbet then while enjoying ”this dessert out came an extra and it was amazing, a glorious Pain Perdu with figs, honey & verjus matched again with a superb Sweet Wine this rounded off a truly outstanding dining experience.
I have to say that every expectation was met with the food & service being 1st class. I really can’t see it being long before the awards start rolling in with Clare at the helm and her excellent Head Chef Jonny Bone who it was a delight to have met and a great team behind her you can only see this restaurant rise to the top. So yes I would highly recommend a visit, I for one will definitely be returning soon.
Cover image by Moritz Schmittat https://schmittat.uk
|Address:||92 Kensington Park Road ,
London W11 2PN
Find Somewhere To Eat
- At the Chef’s Table – Jeremy Villanueva, Head Chef, Romulo Café London on
- We Chat to MasterChef Finalist Scott Barnard on
- Chef’s Table visits the Italian Embassy on
- BBC MasterChef Winner Jamie Scott – revisited on
- BBC MasterChef Winner Jamie Scott – revisited on
- #Win Tickets for You and a Friend to cook some great Thai Food on
- War of the Roses, a foodie battle of epic “portions”
- Punjab Curry Supper returns to The Fox at Lyng
- Favourite Tables Top Ten Restaurants
- Forget the Indian Summer, how about Christmas in a Tipi
- Look what we discovered in Soho…..
- Is this the “Perfect” answer to eating out on a Sunday with young children?
- Chef Stuart Muir of Dine Edinburgh talks to Chef’s Table
- The Five Fields
- We meet with Alex Boyd Executive Head Chef at Caxton Grill for Chef’s Table
- Tyddyn Llan our favourite Michelin restaurant
- At the Chef’s Table – Jeremy Villanueva, Head Chef, Romulo Café London
- Chef’s Table – Anthony Wright – Head Chef L20 Restaurant
Find A Cuisine
About Favourite Tables
Our ethos is about places people love – always has been, always will be.
We know that most people choose where to eat based on recommendations from friends and family, a social interaction – a Social Marketplace
Favourite Tables is just that – our recommendations and reviews are from people who love where they go and go back to.
The popularity of each Favourite Tables restaurant is assured on the Social Marketplace and through the restaurant reviews they receive.
Best Restaurants In…
- Unique Destinations
- Restaurants in Wales
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Birmingham
- Restaurants in Brighton
- Restaurants in Cambridge
- Restaurants in Chester
- Restaurants in Edinburgh
- Restaurants in Glasgow
- Restaurants in Hull & Beverley
- Restaurants in Leeds – Bradford
- Restaurants in Liverpool
- Restaurants in London
- Restaurants in Manchester
- Restaurants in Melbourne
- Restaurants in Newcastle
- Restaurants in New York
- Restaurants in Nottingham
- Restaurants in Norwich
- Restaurants in Oxford
- Restaurants in Perth – Australia
- Restaurants in Peterborough
- Restaurants in Sheffield
- Restaurants in Singapore
- Restaurants in Sydney
- Restaurants Nr Windsor, Slough, Maidenhead
- Restaurants in York
- Reviews of Restaurants in Wales
- Reviews of Restaurants in Unique Destinations
- Reviews of Restaurants in Birmingham
- Reviews of Restaurants in Bolton
- Reviews of Restaurants in Cambridge
- Reviews of Restaurants in Dubai
- Reviews of Restaurants in Dublin
- Reviews of Restaurants in Edinburgh
- Reviews of Restaurants in Liverpool
- Reviews of Restaurants in London
- Reviews of Restaurants in Newcastle
- Reviews of Restaurants in Northampton
- Reviews of Restaurants in Prague
- Reviews of Restaurants in Sheffield
- Reviews of Restaurants in Sydney
- Reviews of Restaurants in Perth – Australia