The Five Fields
This was a long overdue return to The Five Fields but I have to say it was definitely worth the wait as it turned out to be a truly fabulous evening. We’ve been here twice before but the last time was over two and a half years ago and I can honestly say it won’t be anywhere near as long before we’re back again.
Set just off the Kings Road and only a short walk from Sloane Square tube station is where you’ll find the restaurant. As you enter the restaurant you immediately get a lovely homely feeling along with a warm and very friendly greeting. As you look into the dining area you see the tables down each side are set out for couples where each person faces inwards. There are larger tables down the centre plus upstairs is a Private Dining Room.
Once seated we were treated to a delightful glass of Welsh Sparkling Rose from the Ancre Hill Estates. We also enjoyed some amazing snacks while we looked at the menu. On this occasion, we decided to opt for the eight-course Tasting Menu. It was then time to meet the wonderful sommelier Anna who it was a pleasure to chat to throughout the evening. Regarding our choice of wine, we said that we would like to just have a bottle than the matched wine option to which Anna recommended a fabulous Riesling Trocken from Germany which was an absolute delight and really matched each course nicely.
Now onto the food itself and we started with a stunning Scallop with Tomatillo & Lime this was followed by a heavenly Lobster with Fennel & Lardo. These dishes were brought to us by our Spanish waitress Lourdes who was so friendly and professional and truly added to our magical evening The next two courses were equally fantastic.
The first being an amazing Beef Tartare with Mushroom followed by a simply stunning Foie Gras with a Beetroot Brioche & Blackberries Before we got to the main course we had the pleasure of a beautiful Turbot dish which came with Seaweed & Garlic So now it was time for the mains to which there was a choice of two. One being Roe Deer served with Courgette & Potato and the other was Grouse which came with Pumpkin & Girolles. We decided to have one dish each and can honestly say they were both worthy of being the highlight dish of the evening as they were just amazing Before dessert we decided to opt for a cheese course which apart from one French cheese the rest were British & Irish. The cheese was nicely presented to us by our delightful waitress Lourdes.
We then had a pre-dessert which was a fabulous Melon with Hazelnut & Orange. This led us into our last course a delightful dessert of Honey, Lemon & Tarragon and the Sweet Wine chosen by Anna a Vouvray from the Loire Valley matched the dessert beautifully. This brought an end to an outstanding evening where the food, wine and service were of the highest order and will definitely go down as one of the highlights of the year.
Therefore I would highly recommend that you put a visit to this restaurant very close to the top of your list and as I said at the beginning it certainly won’t be very long before I return
|Address:||8-9 Blacklands Terrace London Sw3 2SP|
Find Somewhere To Eat
- At the Chef’s Table – Jeremy Villanueva, Head Chef, Romulo Café London on
- We Chat to MasterChef Finalist Scott Barnard on
- Chef’s Table visits the Italian Embassy on
- BBC MasterChef Winner Jamie Scott – revisited on
- BBC MasterChef Winner Jamie Scott – revisited on
- #Win Tickets for You and a Friend to cook some great Thai Food on
Find A Cuisine
About Favourite Tables
Our ethos is about places people love – always has been, always will be.
We know that most people choose where to eat based on recommendations from friends and family, a social interaction – a Social Marketplace
Favourite Tables is just that – our recommendations and reviews are from people who love where they go and go back to.
The popularity of each Favourite Tables restaurant is assured on the Social Marketplace and through the restaurant reviews they receive.
Best Restaurants In…
- Unique Destinations
- Restaurants in Wales
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Birmingham
- Restaurants in Brighton
- Restaurants in Cambridge
- Restaurants in Chester
- Restaurants in Edinburgh
- Restaurants in Glasgow
- Restaurants in Hull & Beverley
- Restaurants in Leeds – Bradford
- Restaurants in Liverpool
- Restaurants in London
- Restaurants in Manchester
- Restaurants in Melbourne
- Restaurants in Newcastle
- Restaurants in New York
- Restaurants in Nottingham
- Restaurants in Norwich
- Restaurants in Oxford
- Restaurants in Perth – Australia
- Restaurants in Peterborough
- Restaurants in Sheffield
- Restaurants in Singapore
- Restaurants in Sydney
- Restaurants Nr Windsor, Slough, Maidenhead
- Restaurants in York
- Reviews of Restaurants in Wales
- Reviews of Restaurants in Unique Destinations
- Reviews of Restaurants in Birmingham
- Reviews of Restaurants in Bolton
- Reviews of Restaurants in Cambridge
- Reviews of Restaurants in Dubai
- Reviews of Restaurants in Dublin
- Reviews of Restaurants in Edinburgh
- Reviews of Restaurants in Liverpool
- Reviews of Restaurants in London
- Reviews of Restaurants in Newcastle
- Reviews of Restaurants in Northampton
- Reviews of Restaurants in Prague
- Reviews of Restaurants in Sheffield
- Reviews of Restaurants in Sydney
- Reviews of Restaurants in Perth – Australia