The Frog Hoxton
If I start by saying I’ve already booked in for a return visit then what’s to follow will not surprise you. This was an excellent lunch from start to finish combining stunning food & drink with fabulous service. We arrived at Liverpool Street station and decided to take the fifteen-minute stroll along Curtain Road then as you cross Old Street this will lead you straight to the restaurant.
The restaurant itself is set on a corner of Hoxton Square which is another area in Shoreditch that has been developed into a hip & trendy location. When we arrived at the restaurant we were greeted by restaurant manager/sommelier George who really looked after us throughout our visit. After a brief chat, he showed us to our table which was along by the window overlooking the square. Once seated we had a look around the restaurant which was actually very spacious. On the left as you enter is the long open kitchen then in front there are three rows of seats with an additional seating area at the opposite end where on the wall is some amazing artwork.
There is also the addition of a bar area downstairs. We started with a drink from there extensive wine & beer list where they in fact have over two hundred beers so unless you have a favourite it’s best to ask George for some advice. It was then time to look at the menus which there was a choice of A La Carte or our choice the Tasting Menu which you can have matched wines or beers.
First up from the menu was some amazing snacks that were so delicious and just a fantastic way to start. One was a Heritage Carrot, Roasted Hazelnuts & Mint and the other was Trout, Buckwheat & Passion Fruit. Next to come was the Bread with the simply amazing Chicken Butter that was so good we were given some to bring home. This was accompanied by the Beef, Chilli & Lovage on a cracker with delightful Indian flavours.
While enjoying your food you get to listen to some great tunes which I have heard people say can be quite loud but I can assure you that is not the case. What’s also good is that the chefs bring out each course themselves which is a really nice touch especially with it being an open kitchen giving you the opportunity to interact if you so wish. So on to our next dish and which in fact is Adam’s signature dish the Celeriac, Yolk, Apple, Dates & Truffle was an absolute delight.
This was followed by a fabulous Mussel & Pumpkin Curry with Wild Rice very light and delicate but giving a nice warm feeling in the throat. Now it was time for our main course and there was no disappointment here either as we enjoyed a fabulous Duck, Rhubarb & Pistachio dish which was brought to us by head chef Jamie who it was great to meet and have a chat with.
Before desserts, we were then treated to a heavenly Cheese Doughnut which George matched with a fabulous glass of Banyuls Dessert Wine. It was to die for as our waitress Tamsin who also a pleasure to meet and looked after us very well verified.
Now it was time for desserts to which there were three to choose from. My wife chose the Blood Orange, Lemon Balm & Oats so it was only right that I chose the other two. One is the Chocolate Tofu, Coconut & Lime and the other a Caramelised White Chocolate, Buckwheat & Apple.
All desserts were pure heaven and delightfully matched with fabulous sweet wines a Mount Horrocks Gordon Cut and a light Rude Mechanicals Frizzante To finish we enjoyed a coffee and a delightful Petit Four which brought to an end an outstanding lunch.
I’m already looking forward to our return in April and I would highly recommend booking a table here. I’d like to say a Thank You to Jamie and his chefs for the amazing food and also to George, Tamsin and the team for taking care of us which really added to our lunch experience
|Address:||45-47 Hoxton Swuare ,
London N1 6PD
Find Somewhere To Eat
- At the Chef’s Table – Jeremy Villanueva, Head Chef, Romulo Café London on
- We Chat to MasterChef Finalist Scott Barnard on
- Chef’s Table visits the Italian Embassy on
- BBC MasterChef Winner Jamie Scott – revisited on
- BBC MasterChef Winner Jamie Scott – revisited on
- #Win Tickets for You and a Friend to cook some great Thai Food on
- Favourite Tables Top Ten Restaurants
- War of the Roses, a foodie battle of epic “portions”
- Punjab Curry Supper returns to The Fox at Lyng
- Forget the Indian Summer, how about Christmas in a Tipi
- Look what we discovered in Soho…..
- Is this the “Perfect” answer to eating out on a Sunday with young children?
Find A Cuisine
About Favourite Tables
Our ethos is about places people love – always has been, always will be.
We know that most people choose where to eat based on recommendations from friends and family, a social interaction – a Social Marketplace
Favourite Tables is just that – our recommendations and reviews are from people who love where they go and go back to.
The popularity of each Favourite Tables restaurant is assured on the Social Marketplace and through the restaurant reviews they receive.
Best Restaurants In…
- Unique Destinations
- Restaurants in Wales
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Birmingham
- Restaurants in Brighton
- Restaurants in Cambridge
- Restaurants in Chester
- Restaurants in Edinburgh
- Restaurants in Glasgow
- Restaurants in Hull & Beverley
- Restaurants in Leeds – Bradford
- Restaurants in Liverpool
- Restaurants in London
- Restaurants in Manchester
- Restaurants in Melbourne
- Restaurants in Newcastle
- Restaurants in New York
- Restaurants in Nottingham
- Restaurants in Norwich
- Restaurants in Oxford
- Restaurants in Perth – Australia
- Restaurants in Peterborough
- Restaurants in Sheffield
- Restaurants in Singapore
- Restaurants in Sydney
- Restaurants Nr Windsor, Slough, Maidenhead
- Restaurants in York
- Reviews of Restaurants in Wales
- Reviews of Restaurants in Unique Destinations
- Reviews of Restaurants in Birmingham
- Reviews of Restaurants in Bolton
- Reviews of Restaurants in Cambridge
- Reviews of Restaurants in Dubai
- Reviews of Restaurants in Dublin
- Reviews of Restaurants in Edinburgh
- Reviews of Restaurants in Liverpool
- Reviews of Restaurants in London
- Reviews of Restaurants in Newcastle
- Reviews of Restaurants in Northampton
- Reviews of Restaurants in Prague
- Reviews of Restaurants in Sheffield
- Reviews of Restaurants in Sydney
- Reviews of Restaurants in Perth – Australia