Rubino Kitchen is a lovely little restaurant set in a lodge on a farm in Maldon , Essex and a real credit to the county as this small team under the guidance of Head Chef Rob produces some great and interesting dishes from using great local produce.
It’s a small restaurant but has a great friendly feel from the moment you arrive until you leave . So onto the evening itself they have a good menu where you can choose from 1 to 5 courses which can come as a starter or main or as we did we went for the Tasting Menu so that we could try every course.
We started with a nice and refreshing White Grape Gazpacho which was delicious before moving on to what was my favourite course the Haddock Scotch Egg with peas , raisin & curried puffed rice it was heaven. Then a Beef Carpaccio delightful followed by a Sweetcorn Risotto which came with Balsamic Vinegar interesting but it worked then to balance the Menu we had a lovely Cod with Octopus Caponata it was beautiful.
Now onto the main course of Braised Lamb Tortellini & Smoked Aubergine Purée with Gem Lettuce & Beans a great hearty course to finish well almost because there’s always time for Desserts, yes Desserts .
There were three on offer so of course we had to try them all the first being a Blackcurrant Panna Cotta with Honeycomb which I got to eat myself as my wife decided to have some Gorgonzola Cheese & Crackers. Next was Mille Feuille and to finish a Baked Alaska with Lemon Ice Cream nicely made by Dana .
I have to say it was a really pleasant evening good food and very friendly service so look forward to returning soon[shareaholic app="share_buttons" id="7569756"]
Couldn’t think of a better way to end the year than visiting our favourite local restaurant Haywards. This was our 21st visit of the year and the food & service was consistently as good as always .
If you like fine dining but don’t want to go into London then this is the place for you. The restaurant serves excellent European Cuisine and also has great Wines to match your food . The restaurant has a nice friendly atmosphere and is a great place for couples or groups and can host bigger parties in the Stable
#epping #Essex #restaurant[shareaholic app="share_buttons" id="7569756"]
Hard to fault. Great location. Smart, stylish, modern decor. Welcoming staff. Efficient service and the best Thai food to be had anywhere in Essex.
Lunch times offer “Thai tapas”, which are great value and allow for sampling several small dishes, which are ideal for sharing. If, like me you struggle to choose from the array of tasty sounding options, they off “big plate” sets, with a complete meal, are a good choice. They also allow for prompt service if you need to get back to work inside an hour.
Although all the food is cooked on site from fresh, we’re assured. You only have to taste it, to know.
The evening offers more extensive options. The red curry is, in my opinion, is unsurpassed, although the signature squid dish is it’s rival. The tempura vegetables are sweet and succulent in a light crispy batter.
[shareaholic app="share_buttons" id="7569756"]
Find Somewhere To Eat
- December 2018 (1)
- October 2018 (2)
- September 2018 (3)
- July 2018 (1)
- June 2018 (1)
- May 2018 (2)
- March 2018 (1)
- February 2018 (1)
- January 2018 (1)
- December 2017 (1)
- November 2017 (2)
- August 2017 (2)
- June 2017 (2)
- May 2017 (2)
- March 2017 (1)
- February 2017 (2)
- January 2017 (3)
- December 2016 (1)
- November 2016 (3)
- August 2016 (3)
- June 2016 (1)
- February 2016 (1)
- January 2016 (3)
- December 2015 (1)
- October 2015 (2)
- August 2015 (1)
- At the Chef’s Table – Jeremy Villanueva, Head Chef, Romulo Café London on
- We Chat to MasterChef Finalist Scott Barnard on
- Chef’s Table visits the Italian Embassy on
- BBC MasterChef Winner Jamie Scott – revisited on
- BBC MasterChef Winner Jamie Scott – revisited on
- #Win Tickets for You and a Friend to cook some great Thai Food on
- Favourite Tables Top Ten Restaurants
- War of the Roses, a foodie battle of epic “portions”
- Punjab Curry Supper returns to The Fox at Lyng
- Forget the Indian Summer, how about Christmas in a Tipi
- Look what we discovered in Soho…..
- Is this the “Perfect” answer to eating out on a Sunday with young children?
Find A Cuisine
About Favourite Tables
Our ethos is about places people love – always has been, always will be.
We know that most people choose where to eat based on recommendations from friends and family, a social interaction – a Social Marketplace
Favourite Tables is just that – our recommendations and reviews are from people who love where they go and go back to.
The popularity of each Favourite Tables restaurant is assured on the Social Marketplace and through the restaurant reviews they receive.
Best Restaurants In…
- Unique Destinations
- Restaurants in Wales
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Birmingham
- Restaurants in Brighton
- Restaurants in Cambridge
- Restaurants in Chester
- Restaurants in Edinburgh
- Restaurants in Glasgow
- Restaurants in Hull & Beverley
- Restaurants in Leeds – Bradford
- Restaurants in Liverpool
- Restaurants in London
- Restaurants in Manchester
- Restaurants in Melbourne
- Restaurants in Newcastle
- Restaurants in New York
- Restaurants in Nottingham
- Restaurants in Norwich
- Restaurants in Oxford
- Restaurants in Perth – Australia
- Restaurants in Peterborough
- Restaurants in Sheffield
- Restaurants in Singapore
- Restaurants in Sydney
- Restaurants Nr Windsor, Slough, Maidenhead
- Restaurants in York
- Reviews of Restaurants in Wales
- Reviews of Restaurants in Unique Destinations
- Reviews of Restaurants in Birmingham
- Reviews of Restaurants in Bolton
- Reviews of Restaurants in Cambridge
- Reviews of Restaurants in Dubai
- Reviews of Restaurants in Dublin
- Reviews of Restaurants in Edinburgh
- Reviews of Restaurants in Liverpool
- Reviews of Restaurants in London
- Reviews of Restaurants in Newcastle
- Reviews of Restaurants in Northampton
- Reviews of Restaurants in Prague
- Reviews of Restaurants in Sheffield
- Reviews of Restaurants in Sydney
- Reviews of Restaurants in Perth – Australia