Thaikhun – Cambridge
Saturday 9th January saw the first Thai cookery lessons take place at Thaikhun in Cambridge and favourite tables had our competition winners there learning how to cook some very tasty thai dishes.
Competition winner Tanya treated mum Maria to the day in the Cambridge
The day started with Chef Thong showing the class how to make Spring Rolls
Then it was over to the “students” to have a try. Chef was on hand to offer extra help where needed. Tanya and her Mum got straight into preparing the ingredients for the spring roll filling.
Once cooked the filling needed to cool slightly before being wrapped ready for deep frying. Chef Thong then showed the group how the wrap the filling in the pastry ready for cooking
Everyone in the class really enjoyed the lesson and then had a go at the spring rolls
The results were very impressive and really tasty….
Now back to school for the main course Pad Thai…
Chef Thong demonstrates how to take the ingredients and create a fabulous Pad Thai. We had the chance to try chefs result and it was amazing. How would the students get on…
Fantastic result by Tanya and Maria, which left some over for a doggie bag (box). Everyone had a brilliant day and chef was very impressed with the winners of the Favourite Tables competition.
If you want to attend a future Cookery Class at Cambridge contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
We would like to thank Thai Leisure Group for making the two tickets available for this competition and we are sure future competitions will be possible.
Hard to fault. Great location. Smart, stylish, modern decor. Welcoming staff. Efficient service and the best Thai food to be had anywhere in Essex.
Lunch times offer “Thai tapas”, which are great value and allow for sampling several small dishes, which are ideal for sharing. If, like me you struggle to choose from the array of tasty sounding options, they off “big plate” sets, with a complete meal, are a good choice. They also allow for prompt service if you need to get back to work inside an hour.
Although all the food is cooked on site from fresh, we’re assured. You only have to taste it, to know.
The evening offers more extensive options. The red curry is, in my opinion, is unsurpassed, although the signature squid dish is it’s rival. The tempura vegetables are sweet and succulent in a light crispy batter.
Find Somewhere To Eat
- October 2018 (3)
- September 2018 (3)
- July 2018 (1)
- June 2018 (1)
- May 2018 (2)
- March 2018 (1)
- February 2018 (1)
- January 2018 (1)
- December 2017 (1)
- November 2017 (2)
- August 2017 (2)
- June 2017 (2)
- May 2017 (2)
- March 2017 (1)
- February 2017 (2)
- January 2017 (3)
- December 2016 (1)
- November 2016 (3)
- August 2016 (3)
- June 2016 (1)
- February 2016 (1)
- January 2016 (3)
- December 2015 (1)
- October 2015 (2)
- August 2015 (1)
- At the Chef’s Table – Jeremy Villanueva, Head Chef, Romulo Café London on
- We Chat to MasterChef Finalist Scott Barnard on
- Chef’s Table visits the Italian Embassy on
- BBC MasterChef Winner Jamie Scott – revisited on
- BBC MasterChef Winner Jamie Scott – revisited on
- #Win Tickets for You and a Friend to cook some great Thai Food on
- War of the Roses, a foodie battle of epic “portions”
- Punjab Curry Supper returns to The Fox at Lyng
- Favourite Tables Top Ten Restaurants
- Forget the Indian Summer, how about Christmas in a Tipi
- Look what we discovered in Soho…..
- Is this the “Perfect” answer to eating out on a Sunday with young children?
- Chef Cyrus Todiwala sits down with Chef’s Table
- Matt Waldron, Head Chef at Park House Cardiff Talks to Chef’s Table
- Chef Stuart Muir of Dine Edinburgh talks to Chef’s Table
- The Five Fields
- We meet with Alex Boyd Executive Head Chef at Caxton Grill for Chef’s Table
- Tyddyn Llan our favourite Michelin restaurant
Find A Cuisine
About Favourite Tables
Our ethos is about places people love – always has been, always will be.
We know that most people choose where to eat based on recommendations from friends and family, a social interaction – a Social Marketplace
Favourite Tables is just that – our recommendations and reviews are from people who love where they go and go back to.
The popularity of each Favourite Tables restaurant is assured on the Social Marketplace and through the restaurant reviews they receive.
Best Restaurants In…
- Unique Destinations
- Restaurants in Wales
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Birmingham
- Restaurants in Brighton
- Restaurants in Cambridge
- Restaurants in Chester
- Restaurants in Edinburgh
- Restaurants in Glasgow
- Restaurants in Hull & Beverley
- Restaurants in Leeds – Bradford
- Restaurants in Liverpool
- Restaurants in London
- Restaurants in Manchester
- Restaurants in Melbourne
- Restaurants in Newcastle
- Restaurants in New York
- Restaurants in Nottingham
- Restaurants in Norwich
- Restaurants in Oxford
- Restaurants in Perth – Australia
- Restaurants in Peterborough
- Restaurants in Sheffield
- Restaurants in Singapore
- Restaurants in Sydney
- Restaurants Nr Windsor, Slough, Maidenhead
- Restaurants in York
- Reviews of Restaurants in Wales
- Reviews of Restaurants in Unique Destinations
- Reviews of Restaurants in Birmingham
- Reviews of Restaurants in Bolton
- Reviews of Restaurants in Cambridge
- Reviews of Restaurants in Dubai
- Reviews of Restaurants in Dublin
- Reviews of Restaurants in Edinburgh
- Reviews of Restaurants in Liverpool
- Reviews of Restaurants in London
- Reviews of Restaurants in Newcastle
- Reviews of Restaurants in Northampton
- Reviews of Restaurants in Prague
- Reviews of Restaurants in Sheffield
- Reviews of Restaurants in Sydney
- Reviews of Restaurants in Perth – Australia